Aiza H. Siddiqi
Aiza represents individuals and corporations in complex civil disputes, class action litigation, and white collar criminal defense. She also represents lawyers and law firms in professional liability issues.
Aiza’s practice focuses on commercial civil litigation, consumer class actions, government investigations, and legal malpractice claims.
Before joining Zuckerman Spaeder, Aiza worked for a law firm in Indianapolis, Indiana. Prior to law school, she worked in the Foreign Policy Program at the Brookings Institution.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, UCLA Law Review
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., magna cum laude, 2006
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- Hon. James J. Di Cesare, Superior Court of California, Orange County
- Represents a manufacturer of rail technology systems in defending against claims regarding its supply and licensing of event recorder systems used on North American freight railroads.
- Represents an internationally renowned psychiatrist and owner of neuropsychiatric instruments used in the diagnosis and treatment of serious mental health disorders, in defending against claims over his licensing of the rights to develop and commercialize digitized versions of his instruments.
- Obtained dismissal by the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, of a False Claims Act action alleging that client, a supplier of durable medical equipment, conspired with others to cause a hospital and its providers to refer their patients to the client, in violation of the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law.